Do not prefer your private car and public transportation vehicles as the building is in the Museum Square and due to heavy traffic. There are trams that depart every 15 minutes to the museum. You can take tram 2 or 5 from Amsterdam Central Station and get off at Hobbemastrat station. From here, you can take the tram number 6,7 or 10, get off at the Spiegelgracht station and go to the museum.
Rijks Museum Ticket & Entrance Fees
If you don’t buy a ticket & make a reservation in advance for the Rijks Museum, which is one of the most important museums in the world and the most visited museum in the Netherlands after the Van Gogh Museum, you can spend a significant part of your time waiting in the ticket queue. The most preferred ticket types are as follows, along with the entrance fees:
1-) Rijks Museum Skip-the-Line Ticket (Click): This type of online ticket is sold by the authorized dealer Rijksmuseum on Getyourguide. As of the date of our article, there are 7246 positive comments about the ticket. The Entry Ticket is valid for 1 day. Mobile tickets or printed tickets are accepted. After purchasing the ticket, you read and pass the barcode, which will be your barcode in the e-mail (also transmitted as SMS) to your phone. Therefore, when making a reservation, you need to enter your phone and e-mail information correctly.
If you cannot find a place on Getyourguide at the time and date you want, you can check the Tiqets-Rijksmuseum address as a second option. Since Rijks Museum tickets are physically shared between ticket / tour companies at the box office and on the internet, in some cases, the date not found in one can be found in the other ticket company. Both are the same in price.
Also, as we mentioned in Visit Tips, don’t forget to download the Rijksmuseum app before entering the museum.
2) Enter with the I Amsterdam City Card (Click): With this card, which is valid for 24 hours – 96 hours, you can enter 44 museums in Amsterdam free of charge. You also have rights such as free use of public transportation, free canal cruise, discounts at restaurants. This card is in the Rijksmuseum and the Van Gogh Museum. It is worth noting that this card is highly preferred among Turkish tourists. You can review it according to your situation. You can print the card, or you can use it as a mobile. As of the date of our article, there are more than 2,200 positive comments about it and the fee is 65 Euros per person .
Ideal Time to Visit & Tips
The museum is open all year round from 9 am to 5 pm ( including the first day of the year, holidays and even Christmas!) . It’s best to arrive early in the morning (for example, arrive 10 minutes before the Museum opens) or late in the afternoon (after 3:00 p.m.) in order to avoid heavy crowds and to explore the museum more comfortably . Considering the size of the museum, we recommend that you buy tickets online early in the morning and spend 1 full day here . The busiest days of the museum are Fridays , weekends and holidays.
- When you arrive early, go straight to the second floor and go directly to see the Night Watch / The Night Watch . Then check out other Golden Age paintings in the Eregalerij (Gallery of Honor). This is the most important and busiest part of the museum. After that, start your museum visit over, even if it requires a full turnaround.
- We recommend leaving your backpack at your hotel. Because it is forbidden to enter with a backpack, and there is a queue for at least 30 minutes at the cloakroom, except when the museum is less crowded.
- The Van Gogh Museum is a 2-minute walk from here, the bookshops located between the Van Gogh Museum and the Rijks Museum sell plenty of documents, guides and other materials about these museums. You can get it before your visit.
- The museum has its own application in the Play Store (I think it’s also available for iPhone), you can access it by clicking here . Simply type “Rijksmuseum” into the Store apps .
- The museum is really big, we recommend you to wear comfortable shoes. The total walking distance in the gallery is 1.5 km. There is a large cafeteria in the entrance hall of the museum. Here you can drink coffee and relax.
- Do not leave without taking a photo with the inscription “I Amsterdam” in front of the museum .
Thank you for reading our article. In this article, we share all the information about the Rijks Museum with you; We gave you information about Rijksmuseum entrance fees, Rijksmuseum ticket purchases. We look forward to your valuable comments and photos after your visit. With love.