Health & Beauty
160,000 young people in the Netherlands have already made an appointment for the free HPV vaccine
More than 160,000 young people aged 18 to 27 have made an appointment for the HPV vaccine since January.
This is a vaccine against the virus that can cause cancer of the cervix, as well as cancer of the mouth and throat, penis, anus, and vagina.
In January, on the recommendation of the Health Council, the RIVM began vaccinating young people in this age group. This year, two vaccines are given free of charge. Normally it costs around 400 Euros.
This age group includes more than 1.2 million young people. RIVM says it’s urgent. There should be at least five months between the first and second vaccination. This Saturday, teens can come to one of 45 GGD locations without an appointment to get their first injection.
Since 2010, girls can get the HPV vaccine when they reach the age of 10, and boys since last year. Boys and girls aged 10 to 18 who have not yet had an injection will receive an appointment letter from youth health services.
Health & Beauty
Chinese massage places in Amsterdam
Chinese massage places in Amsterdam. Chinese Massage, also known as Tui Na, is a therapeutic form of massage that has been practiced in China for over 2,000 years. It involves the use of various techniques such as kneading, pressing, and stretching to help relieve muscle tension, improve blood circulation, and promote overall relaxation.
On the other hand, Amsterdam is the capital city of the Netherlands, known for its beautiful canals, historic architecture, and vibrant culture. There are many massage parlors and spas in Amsterdam that offer a variety of massage treatments, including Chinese massage.
If you are looking for a Chinese massage in Amsterdam, you can do a quick online search to find massage parlors and spas that offer this service. It is important to choose a reputable establishment and check for reviews from previous customers to ensure that you have a safe and enjoyable experience.
Chinese massage places in Amsterdam
1.Traditional Chinese Massage Number 1
They offer a variety of Traditional Chinese Massage options, based on “Tui Na”, to help you relax from head to toe. The Tui Na based massage therapy focuses on pinching, stretching and kneading movements. Tui Na works to alleviate problems such as musculoskeletal conditions and headache. Choose either a full body relaxing massage, Foot Massage, “Head, Neck, Shoulder & Back” massage (on a massage table or specialist massage chair) or a Sports Massage.
Address: Singel 240, 1016 AB Amsterdam
2. China Massage
Professional, clean and authentic Asian massage at a reasonable cost in the heart of Amsterdam. Traditional style and consistency of massages and ambience; relaxing and stress-relief. We would highly recommended an hour long, full body massage or half an hour foot massages!
3.China Beauty Massage Center
China Beauty Massage Center near Dam Square in Amsterdam is a Chinese massage parlor geared mostly towards passers-by, tourists and shoppers.
Especially foot massages are very popular here and are performed by professional masseuses and masseurs.
You can definitely go here for a traditional Chinese body massage.
Address: Paleisstraat 19, 1012 RB Amsterdam
4.The Sun Chinese Massage Amsterdam
Sun Chinese Massage is an attractively decorated salon for Oriental massages, foot reflexology, pedicures and manicures with friendly and skilled massage therapists.
You can go here for real traditional Chinese massage such as “Tuina” and “Shiatsu”, as well as Japanese massage, Thai massage, cupping and sports massage.
Address: Reguliersdwarsstraat 107, 1017 BL Amsterdam
5. Linnaeusstraat Massage
A moment for yourself and your body. Stressed? In a hurry? Stressed or in pain? Many people benefit from massage: man or woman, young or old. Massage is for everyone. Massage is often associated with relaxation. Loosening stiff muscles, de-stressing in our busy daily lives or just relaxing with the help of massage. There are various types of massage that can be counted as relaxation massage. In Linnaeusstraat Massage salon, you can relax with atmospheric music playing in the background.
Address: Linnaeusstraat 12, 1092 CK Amsterdam
Health & Beauty
The harm of plastic bags to nature
Have you ever thought about why cancer cases have increased in recent years? Whether we want it or not, plastic bags that hold an important place in our lives, are they that innocent?
In the past, completely natural paper bags, cloth bags and nets were used instead of bags. In this way, what people ate and drank remained healthy. Today, the situation is very different.
It does not seem possible to remove plastic bags from our lives, which can cause irreversible damage to the human body if not taken seriously. These bags, which are produced very cheaply, have serious effects on the environment and foodstuffs thanks to the chemicals in their structure, both at the time of use and at the time of deterioration, depending on their quality. In addition, for a plastic bag to completely disappear from nature, it takes 400 years at sea and 800 years on land.
WHAT IS THE USE OF PLASTIC BAG?
The use of nylon bags began in 1982 all over the world, and in Turkey at the end of the 1980s. This new habit was accepted as a sign of civilization and became widespread.
It is estimated that between 500 billion and 1 trillion plastic bags are used in the world every year. Moreover, 380 billion of this number is used only in the USA. In some countries, governments impose various bans or apply taxes to reduce the use of plastic bags.
In Mexico, the use of plastic bags is prohibited. The use of plastic bags is also prohibited in India. In fact, India is the leader in banning the use of plastic bags. However, it is stated that there are some problems in the implementation of this ban. The use of plastic bags is banned in all cities such as Delhi, Mumbai and Vasco. Plastic bags are banned in Bangladesh, Rwanda and 12 cities in Australia. In Switzerland, Sweden, Norway, Germany and the Netherlands, plastic bags are sold in stores for a fee.
DAMAGES OF PLASTIC BAG
– One of the biggest responsible for the increase in cancer cases is plastic bags. When exposed to heat or sun, the substances in its composition dissolve and cause cancer.
– Due to the plastic bags thrown into the nature, animals such as dolphins, seals, whales and sea turtles mistake the bags for food and eat them. This causes them to die by causing deterioration in their digestive system.
– Because nylon bags are transparent, they absorb heat like a greenhouse and cause forest fires.
– Nylon bags containing chemical substances, especially black ones, can harm not only the soil, but also human health through the vegetables and fruits placed in them. In particular, fruits such as figs, grapes, strawberries that may be in contact with the bag should not be transported in these bags.
– When nylon bags begin to deteriorate in nature, they emit harmful chemicals to the environment, and these substances mix with the soil and water and gradually pollute our food chain.
HOW CAN I TAKE PRECAUTIONS?
– Less plastic bags should be used. When only 2 bags less per week are used, approximately 100 bags per person per year are not thrown away.
– Cloth bags, nets, wheeled market bags or baskets should be used for shopping. This means 6 bags per person per week, 24 per month, 288 per year, and 20,160 fewer bags over a 70-year life span. If one out of every five people in Turkey stops using PLASTIC BAGS, 37 billion less plastic bags will be consumed in 70 years.
– In order to consume less paper bag, products that do not need to be put separately in the bag should be put together. Small cloth bags should be obtained for the products to be separated.
– Paper bags and plastic bags used in shopping should be reused. Vegetable, fruit, meat and Fish type foods should not be bought in packaged form, drinks in glass bottles should be preferred. Avoid buying products sold in plastic bags.
– Nylon bags and paper bags should be recycled.
– Apartment managers can collect and sell nylon and plastic derivatives by putting recycling bins. They can provide a small amount of financial income for their apartments and contribute to the prevention of environmental pollution.
– Plastic products should be disposed of in bags separately from other wastes in order to reduce the risk of germs for those who collect plastic products from the garbage and to make them easier to collect.